|This year, the Proefees will be experiencing an exciting revival and promises to be a top tasting event, given the high calibre of wine exhibitors, the professional organisation of the event, and the exciting new venue in the Centre.
The makeover of Die Burger Proefees 2012 includes:
• The event will be staged by Posy and Jeremy Hazell who have 20 years’ experience in organising wine festivals;
• It will be hosted in the Centre’s refurbished, spacious Arena Court, a large open focal-point, just below the Food Court and restaurants;
• A lifestyle element will include food stands and chill lounges where wine-lovers can relax;
• Wine, for delivery after the event, will be on sale through Cybercellar. Each exhibitor will receive an iPad, on loan from Cybercellar for the duration of the show, which will provide information on each farm and all its wines on offer, and facilitate wine purchases;
• Visitor numbers will be monitored to avoid overcrowding;
• Drink and drive support will be on offer;
• Tight security will be visible at all times.
Approximately 40 top wineries will be showcasing their fine wines at the festival. Early entries include Altydgedacht, Beyerskloof, Boekenhoutskloof’s Porcupine Ridge and The Wolftrap, Creation, De Krans, Diemersdal, Elgin Vintners, Helderberg Wijnmakerij, Hermanuspietersfontein, Jaydex Distributors, Jordan, Koelenhof, Leeuwenkuil, Morgenster, Muratie, Nitida, Raka, Robertson Winery, Steenberg, Sumaridge, Thelema, Wandsbeck and Winters Drift.
There are still a few exhibitor stands available. Wineries wishing to participate or make further enquiries please email Jeremy Hazell on email@example.com or call on 082 377 3498.
Important festival details:
Dates: Friday 27th July and Saturday 28th July 2012
Times: Friday, 15h00 to 20h00 and Saturday, 12h00 to 19h00
Ticket price: R75 per person for wine tasting
Ticket sales: Computicket and 'at the door'
Website: www.tygervalley.co.za (from 15 June 2012)
Tyger Valley Centre enquiries: Tel: 021 914 1822