Spier has clinched five double gold- and six gold medals at the Veritas
Awards 2009; a performance that has been noted as the best in years at
the prestigious event.
The medals were largely awarded to wines within the Spier Private Collection range. Featuring strongly once again were the Spier Private Collection Shiraz and Spier Private Collection Pinotage; wines whose earlier vintages have been awarded trophies at such prestigious meets as Concours Mondial de Bruxelles and London's International Wine & Spirit Competition, a place in the ABSA Top Ten Pinotage Competition, and a host of additional top awards.
The double gold medal winners at Veritas include:
The gold medals were won by:
- Spier Private Collection Pinotage 2007
- Spier Private Collection Shiraz 2007
- Spier Private Collection Chardonnay 2007
- Woolworths Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2007
- Woolworths True to Terroir The Hutton Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
The medal scoop included 11 silver medals and nine bronze.
- Spier Private Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2006
- Spier Vintage Selection Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
- Spier Private Collection Chardonnay 2008
- Woolworths True to Terroir Koffie Klip Merlot 2007
- Woolworths True to Terroir The Abacus Chardonnay 2008
- Lesobo Pinotage 2007