#tastesunshine BRAAI DAY with wine.co.za @ THE SHED, Stellenbosch
The Shed, Annandale Road, Stellenbosch
Join wine.co.za on Braai Day (Heritage Day) to participate in (possibly) the largest tasting of South African Wine.
wine.co.za invites you to our DIY Braai Day | Heritage Day & 21st celebrations - and to participate in (possibly) the world's largest tasting of South African Wine ever held.
Join us as we light the fires for you to braai on - so bring your own braai food/picnic, friends and family and we supply the venue, seating, music, entertainment and many other delights on the day.
If you like wine, braai, relaxing, fun, music, juggling, aerial silks (performed by the Sisonke Community Circus) and sharing great wines, do join us!
ONLINE Tickets are R120 for Adults, R60 for Children <18, Free for 3 & under (discounted on QUICKET ) - R150/Adults at the door on the day.
- Adult tickets include wine in branded glass, music, seating & entertainment
- Children tickets include juice and popcorn, music & entertainment.
- Taste great South African Chenin Blancs & Pinotages
- A special performance of Suiderkruismis
It is a very community-spirited event -
- We are hiring recent graduates from the PYDA - Pinotage Youth Development Academy - to work for us on the day - handling tickets, pouring wine, organising parking etc.
- We have the Pebbles Project there with a stand - they do incredibly good work on wine farm to educate and uplift communities - and we support them whole-heartedly
- We are hoping to have the choir from Pebbles to be there singing a few numbers at 4pm -
- This will be a curtain-raiser to our main event - SUIDERKRUISMIS - an exuberant South African composition - written by the talented Andre Strijdom from the Helderberg.
- The Sisonke Social Circus will entertaining us with their juggling, unicycles & aerial silk performances
- We have the Chenin Blanc & Pinotage Associations there, showcasing South Africa's top wines
- We have our local coffee roaster - Merkava - to satisfy all your caffeine needs
- Lawn game provider - Tailgating - will show off with some fun lawn games for the whole family - including Giant Jenga & Boules ++
- The Stellenbosch Waldorf School will be manning a Candle-Dipping Stand - wonderful for the young ones to be creative and engaged.
- We will have the great guitarists from Strings Attached providing great sounds while we braai and relax
- wine.co.za will be manning the fires, selling you wonderful commemorative 21st bubbly & wines (#winecoza21), and will be showcasing all the #tastesunshine events from around the world on a big screen
- Great prizes to be won on the day - just share your pics using #tastesunshine
- Come and #tastesunshine with wine.co.za - #winecoza21
Refreshments will be on sale
- Wine, Cold Drinks, Coffee & other delights and various adult and children's activities will be available for sale
SUIDERSKRUISMIS performance at 4pm
The SUIDERKRUISMIS is a South African choral composition by well-known Helderberg musician and composer, Andre Strijdom.
The piece is written for a large vocal group, vocal quartet, praise singer, orchestra and rock band, and is in English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa & Latin. We expect a group of at least 50 performers from the Community. If you are keen to lend your voice or instrument to the Mass - please contact Melanie Williss on 074 137 9674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The performance also will highlight the plans to develop and build a special public psychiatric clinic in the Helderberg - driven by Dr Judith Ludwick.
#tastesunshine & WIN Prizes on the day!
Take pics of yourselves having fun on the day and post to social media using #tastesunshine and you can stand a chance to win some fabulous wines!
If you can't be with us at The Shed on Sunday 24th September, we invite you to join us virtually, so please sign up on our www.tastesunshine.co.za and tell us where you will be and we can keep a track of how many people are tasting and sharing South African Wine on the day.
Discounted tickets can be purchased online - on QUICKET and we advise you purchase in advance.
On the day Tickets will be R150 - Adults, R60 for Kids.
WHAT TO BRING?
You & your mates, picnic braai goodies, meat/veg to braai.... and of course your wallet - to take advantage of our fun games, wines & delicious delights.
wine.co.za is a proud supporter of The Pebbles Project and we look forward to welcoming you.
Come & #tastesunshine with us!
cost: R120 (Adults), R60 (Kids)
event contact details
Judy Brower - wine.co.za