We have five seminars happening at Cape Wine. We have called them Wine
Theatre, because we want them to be more relaxed and interactive than
The seminar on Old Vines is going to be really special, as we have uncovered some extraordinary wines, and some extraordinary people.
Wednesday, 26 September
A Passion for Old Vines
Time: 9h30 to 10h30
Chair: Rosa Kruger, viticulturist
Speakers: Eben Sadie, Koos van der Merwe, Jeff Joubert and Prof Alain Deloire
“Old vines are young news these days. Rediscovering the vinous monuments of our country has given us wines with character and the chance to have a brief look into our history. Why did some of these vines survive 100 years in the African climate? Are they really making better wines and how should we care for them? They have adopted the character of their terroir, they have won the battle against the elements and still give us these lovely, often bright wines. These sometimes neglected vines will in the future be an important source for massal selection. Most importantly, where do we find them and what do they taste like?”
Rosa Kruger, Eben Sadie, prof Alain Deloire, Koos van der Merwe and Jeff Joubert will share their knowledge with us.
1. Vriesenhof Grenache 2012 (Grenache Noir)
2. The Sadie Family Pofadder 2012 (Cinsault)
3. Springfield Method Ancienne Cabernet Sauvignon 2004
4. The Sadie Family Soldaat 2011 (Grenache Noir)
5. Boekenhoutskloof Semillon 2009 (Semillon)
6. Botanica 2012 (Chenin Blanc)
7. T’Voetpad 2011 (Semillon Blanc and Gris, Chenin Blanc, Muscat and Palomino)
8. Cartology 2011 (Chenin Blanc and Semillon)
We’ll be posting more details of the other seminars on www.capewine2012.co.za as we finalise them.