The 2012 Leopard's Leap Sauvignon Blanc is not only the ideal companion to warm summer days, seaside sunsets and sociable get-togethers, but with enough structure and body to stand its ground on the table - especially with seafood on the grill.
Made in a medium-bodied style, this Sauvignon Blanc with its definite New World character offers a host of fruit flavours on the nose. Expect grapefruit and lime, delightful hints of passion fruit and the subtle green pepper often associated with a crisp and refreshing Sauvignon Blanc. The palate follows through beautifully and elegantly and lingers with a well-balanced but lively acidity.
With its well-rounded palate and crisp finish, the Leopard’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc is a winner with seafood, salads with fresh herbs and even those often difficult to pair tomato-based dishes.
Try a delicious combination and serve the 2012 Leopard’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc with this recipe for Grilled Prawns and a summer salsa.
Grilled Prawns and Summer Salsa
15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger, finely grated
15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) chilli, finely chopped
Grated zest of 2 limes
125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
24 prawns, cleaned
2 limes, cut into wedges
A few sprigs of coriander and lime wedges to serve
For the salsa
1 avocado, chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
¼ pineapple, peeled and chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
80 ml (1/3 cup) peanuts, roughly chopped and lightly grilled
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine ginger, garlic, chilli, zest, oil and prawns in a glass bowl and leave to marinade for 1 - 2 hours.
2. Prepare a fire providing enough medium to hot coals.
3. For the salsa, combine the avocado, red onion, pineapple and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. When the coals are ready, remove the prawns from the marinade and skewer onto bamboo kebab sticks, alternating with lime wedges.
5. Place directly over coals. Baste with the marinade and braai for 5 - 7 minutes or until pink on both sides. Season to taste.
6. Sprinkle with toasted peanuts and serve with fresh coriander.
The 2012 Leopard’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc sells from Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards tasting room for R38.00
For more information on Leopard’s Leap and the new activities at Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards, please visit www.leopards-leap.com