we have agents in


RELATED LINKS

Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2012

Technical Analysis
Winemaker
Jacques Viljoen
Main Variety
Sauvignon Blanc
Appellation
Stellenbosch
Alcohol
14.0 %vol
pH
3.38
RS
2.3 g/l
TA
6.4 g/l
Characteristics
Type
White
Style
Dry
Taste
Fruity

Accolades

2013 Michelangelo International Wine Awards - Gold
2013 International Wine and Spirit Competition - Bronze
2013 Old Mutual Trophy Wine Awards - Bronze

Tasting Notes

The 2012 vintage was one that rewarded patience as the ripening process was slow and even, allowing maximum flavour development in the grapes for those who waited that extra bit. The nose shows concentrated aromas of fig, guava and passion fruit, with hints of grapefruit that continues on through the palate. The generous mouth feel is supported with a fine natural acidity that gives the wine length and focus. Previous vintages confirm that this wine ages beautifully and develops more complexity over time as flavours subtly change.

Blend Information

100% Sauvignon Blanc

In The Vineyard

South facing and elevated 340 meters above sea level, these 12 year old vines look out over False Bay and are planted on the coolest site on our farm. The soil is mainly decomposed granite with clay subsoil helping to buffer the vines during stress. The grapes from this site derive the full benefit from the cool sea breeze during the slow ripening stages. Pungency, aroma and full concentration are the hallmark of this fine Sauvignon Blanc. There is no shortage of these varietal characteristics on these lofty southern slopes.

About The Harvest

The grapes were harvested between 22.5 - 23.5°B in the early hours of the morning and were all hand picked.

In The Cellar

90% of the wine was tank fermented at 12°C. The remaining 10% was barrel fermented in 2nd fill, 500L French Oak barrels. The wine spent 6 months on the lees with weekly stirring for the first 3 months.

Other Vintages

Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2015 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2014 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2013 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2012 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2011 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2010 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2009 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2008 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc
Zevenwacht 360° Sauvignon Blanc 2007 Jacques Viljoen Sauvignon Blanc

CONTACT DETAILS

Zevenwacht Wine Estate

eMail  +27.219005700
fax  +27.219033373
send an email
  Open - Mo  Tu  We  Th  Fr  Sa  Su  Pub