Perdeberg Winery participated in 11 of the 41 categories in this year’s Veritas Awards and entered 12 wines, of which 10 reaped awards.
Perdeberg Winery participated in 11 of the 41 categories in this year’s Veritas Awards and entered 12 wines, of which 10 reaped awards. This means that Perdeberg competed in 21% of all the categories and 83% of their entries were awarded.
Perdeberg’s CEO, Gerhard van der Watt explains: “The fact that a co-operative cellar’s popular/entry level Cabernet Sauvignon won a Double Gold makes a strong statement about the quality, as this range compares to much more expensive estate wines which also won Double Gold awards. Our Chenin Blanc, Soft Smooth Red and new comer, Chenin Sparkling also did really well. This gives consumers the confidence of purchasing quality products from Perdeberg.”
Perdeberg Winery won the following 2012 Veritas Awards:
- Perdeberg Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Perdeberg Chenin Blanc 2010
- Perdeberg Méthode Cap Classique (MCC) 2009
- Perdeberg Reserve Shiraz 2010
- SAAM Chenin Blanc 2012
- Perdeberg Reserve Chardonnay/Viognier 2011
- Perdeberg Reserve Chenin Blanc 2011
- Perdeberg Chenin Blanc Sparkling 2012
- Perdeberg Soft Smooth Red 2011
- Waka Waka Chenin Blanc/Sauvignon Blanc 2012
These awards continue the winery’s winning streak following its recent success at the Michelangelo Wine Awards last month.